Sunday, September 9, 2012

Late Raya stories

Raya this year had been a hectic time for me and my family. And tiring too. Me and my family, minus my dad who is no longer working in KL or Putrajaya area, but in Kedah instead, left our home before Subuh on the 16th, so that we can spend at least one day breaking fast with my grandmother. We arrive at my grandmother's house in Perak around noon. Luckily, some of my aunties and uncles were already there, so it save us from the task of cleaning the house, since it was empty most of the time and was only filled with people on some special occasion like 'kenduri' or Raya. Well, we did break fast with our grandmother that day, and also  spend time making 'lemang' and gear box soup, but the next day, we left Perak and head for Kedah. Because of my dad work and position, we had to spend our second year celebrating the first Raya morning in Kedah, since my dad had to attend the Raya celebration in Perlis. Unlike the year before, the whole family had to attend. My sister had fun trying the bouncy slide and also had her first experience trying the Zorb, much to the dismay of my brother as he was the one who had to accompany her inside the ball. It was hot and stuffy, and my sister refused to stand up inside the ball, which resulted in very comical situation as she bounced around inside the ball everytime my brother move it forward.

My sister getting out of the Zorb ball. Didn't look too happy.


We head back to Perak on the same evening, and the second and the third Raya were spend in Perak. On the fourth day, we head to my aunty's house in Juru, Penang, this time a relative of my mother. However, our first destination was Kulim, Kedah as a close aunt of my mother's already prepared a feast for us, and was eagerly waiting for us. We arrived with the food already waiting, finish it all of and head to Juru. The fourth Raya was quite relaxing, except for my parents as they head back to Perak for a wedding. We left for my dad house that night, and spend our time there until Saturday, as my youngest sister, who is really close to my dad, had a few times voice her dissatisfaction that we don't spend enough time at my dad house. She was really happy, especially as my dad was also on leave. The last few times we went visiting my dad, he was always busy with his work.


So, in short, Raya is really happy times, especially since it was hard to meet with all of my relatives on other times, but I definitely didn't wish to go through the same tiring situation again, running back and forth like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment